must have vegan cosmetics
I don’t know about everyone, but personally, I am very picky about the makeup I wear. Most would think that finding good quality vegan makeup would be a challenge, but I am here to tell you that it isn’t. A variety of brands are vegan friendly AND most even advertise their vegan-friendliness on their packaging.
1. Finding a good quality makeup brush has been the biggest challenge for me. Fortunately Sonia Kashuk (available at Target) makes one of my all time favorite brushes. Admittedly I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to makeup so when I saw this ‘two-in-one’ brush I needed to try it. I use the brush side to apply my foundation and then blend in any imperfections with the sponge side.
2. My current favorite foundation is NYX* HD Photogenic Foundation (I wear ‘medium’). It has a good coverage that you can definitely built if you want more coverage, it also stays on pretty well.
3. Another favorite (and affordable) brand that I use a lot of, is e.l.f. I’ve only tried their studio blush, and since I love the ‘natural’ look this blush does the trick. It’s not the most pigmented blush I’ve ever used, but it does the job.
4. I probably should have started with this product since I use it everyday, even on days I don’t use any foundation. This Tone Correcting quad is amazing! It gives me a matte look without making me look dry. I simply swirl a brush across all 4 of the colors and swirl it on my face, that easy!
5. Probably one of the priciest items that I regularly use, Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! – it lengthens, curls, and thickens my lashes. It retails for around $19, but you get a lot of product.
6. I am not a pro at applying eyeliner, so I use a gel eyeliner (although the website calls it a cream eyeliner, I think the consistency is more gel-like).
*AS far as I know, not all of NYX products are vegan but you can contact them and they will email you a list of their vegan/ non-vegan products.